Value Methodology Associate (VMA) Certification Renewal/Maintenance
Total Required Per Two-Year Maintenance Period: 8 PDUs
- VMA certification must be maintained to retain active status.
- VMA maintenance fees must be paid annually to retain active status.
- To maintain VMA certification, eight (8) PDUs are required within each two-year maintenance period.
Please refer to the SAVE Certification Program Manual for more details and information on certification maintenance requirements.
Maintaining a Certification
Becoming certified is a great accomplishment. Do not let the hard work and effort put into becoming certified go to waste by not maintaining your certification. Remember, it is your responsibility to keep your certification current.
In order to maintain your certification, you must adhere to the guidelines found in the SAVE Certification Program Manual. Individuals who allow their certification to expire are not permitted to use the VMA designation. An individual with an expired certification who continues to use their certification designation will be referred to the SAVE International Ethics Committee for appropriate action.
Tips for Certification Maintenance Success
The best way to be successful in certification maintenance is to:
- Study the maintenance submittal requirements.
- Be prepared for an audit. Set up a certification maintenance audit file folder on your computer and include sub-folders for each audit submittal category applicable to your certification. Collect the required audit documentation there, beginning from the time your most recent certification maintenance submittal was approved.
- Regularly review your accumulated documents and verify that you are accumulating enough PDUs. As the maintenance period is nearing its end, your maintenance submittal should be a simple matter to compile the semiannual affidavit and VMA Maintenance Summary Workbook. And, if you have been collecting the required audit documentation, an audit will be a minor inconvenience.
Log Your PDUs
SAVE members and certificants have the ability to log their own PDUs on our website for easy reference. Below are the instructions:
- Log in to the SAVE International website
- Under “My Profile”, click on ‘Manage Profile’
- Under “Content & Features”, click on ‘Professional Development’
Please note, using the SAVE website to log your PDUs is optional - it is not required.