Certified Value Specialist (CVS) Certification Renewal/Maintenance
Required per two (2) year maintenance period: 40 PDUs
- CVS certification must be maintained every two (2) years to retain active status.
- CVS maintenance fees must be paid annually to retain active status.
- All PDUs must be earned during the two-year maintenance period; early maintenance is not allowed.
- Accrued PDUs shall be recorded in the CVS Maintenance Summary Workbook.
- The applicant is required to attest that he or she has attained the minimum PDUs as outlined below with the submission of his or her CVS renewal.
Professional development will be reflected in continuing education, and SAVE membership and service. PDUs will measure this.
During a CVS two (2) year PDU accrual interval:
- Continuing Education. A minimum of 28 PDUs claimed must be accrued through continuing education.
- Value Society Service and Value Methodology Promotion. Though there is no minimum requirement, a maximum of 12 PDUs may be claimed for value society service and promotion.
Please refer to the SAVE Certification Program Manual for more details and information on certification maintenance requirements.
Maintaining a Certification
Becoming certified is a great accomplishment. Do not let the hard work and effort put into becoming certified go to waste by not maintaining your certification. Remember, it is your responsibility to keep your certification current.
In order to maintain your certification, you must adhere to the guidelines found in the SAVE Certification Program Manual. Individuals who allow their certification to expire are not permitted to use the CVS designation. An individual with an expired certification who continues to use their certification designation will be referred to the SAVE International Ethics Committee for appropriate action.
Tips for Certification Maintenance Success
The best way to be successful in certification maintenance is to:
- Study the maintenance submittal requirements.
- Be prepared for an audit. Set up a certification maintenance audit file folder on your computer and include sub-folders for each audit submittal category applicable to your certification. Collect the required audit documentation there, beginning from the time your most recent certification maintenance submittal was approved.
- Regularly review your accumulated documents and verify that you are accumulating enough PDUs. As the maintenance period is nearing its end, your maintenance submittal should be a simple matter to compile the semiannual affidavit and CVS Maintenance Summary Workbook. And, if you have been collecting the required audit documentation, an audit will be a minor inconvenience.
Log Your PDUs
SAVE members and certificants have the ability to log their own PDUs on our website for easy reference. Below are the instructions:
- Log in to the SAVE International website
- Under “My Profile”, click on ‘Manage Profile’
- Under “Content & Features”, click on ‘Professional Development’
Please note, using the SAVE website to log your PDUs is optional - it is not required.