Certified Value Specialist (CVS) Certification Maintenance
To maintain your CVS certification, please complete the affidavit online and pay the appropriate maintenance fee:
- $180 USD every two (2) years for SAVE International members
- $550 USD every two (2) years for non-members
Once your affidavit and payment are submitted/processed, your SAVE profile will be updated and you will be emailed a new certificate within two weeks.
Click here to submit your CVS maintenance affidavit and fee.
Required per two (2) year maintenance period: 40 PDUs
- CVS certification must be maintained every two (2) years to retain active status.
- CVS maintenance fees must be paid every two (2) years to retain active status.
- All professional development units (PDUs) must be earned during the two-year maintenance period; early maintenance is not allowed.
- The applicant is required to attest that he or she has attained the minimum PDUs as outlined below with the submission of his or her CVS maintenance.
Professional development will be reflected in continuing education, and SAVE membership and service. PDUs will measure this.
During a CVS two (2) year PDU accrual interval:
- Continuing Education. A minimum of 28 PDUs claimed must be accrued through continuing education.
- Value Society Service and Value Methodology Promotion. Though there is no minimum requirement, a maximum of 12 PDUs may be claimed for value society service and promotion.
Please refer to the SAVE Certification Program Manual for more details and information on certification maintenance requirements.
Maintaining Your Certification
Becoming certified is a great accomplishment. Do not let the hard work and effort put into becoming certified go to waste by not maintaining your certification. Remember, it is your responsibility to keep your certification current.
In order to maintain your certification, you must adhere to the guidelines found in the SAVE Certification Program Manual. Individuals who allow their certification to expire are not permitted to use the CVS designation. An individual with an expired certification who continues to use their certification designation will be referred to the SAVE International Ethics Committee for appropriate action.
Tips for Certification Maintenance Success
The best way to be successful in certification maintenance is to:
- Study the maintenance submittal requirements.
- Be prepared for an audit. Set up a certification maintenance audit file folder on your computer and include sub-folders for each audit submittal category applicable to your certification. Collect the required audit documentation there, beginning from the time your most recent certification maintenance submittal was approved.
- SAVE recommends that CVS certification holders use the CVS Maintenance Summary Workbook to track their PDUs during each maintenance period and collect the required audit submittal documentation as PDU accrual activities are completed. While the CVS Maintenance Summary Workbook is not required for maintenance, it is required if you are audited.
- Regularly review your accumulated documents and verify that you are accumulating enough PDUs. And, if you have been collecting the required audit documentation, an audit will be a minor inconvenience.
Log Your PDUs
SAVE members and certificants have the ability to log their own PDUs on our website for easy reference. Below are the instructions:
- Log in to the SAVE International website
- Under “My Profile”, click on ‘Manage Profile’
- Under “Content & Features”, click on ‘Professional Development’
Please note, using the SAVE website to log your PDUs is optional - it is not required.