2018 Value Summit Call for Pre/Post Summit Workshops
Tuesday, January 2, 2018
Posted by: SAVE International
SAVE International 2018 Value Summit
“No Limits to Value”
June 9-12, 2018
Sheraton Austin Hotel at the Capitol
Call for Pre/Post-Summit Workshops ends January 22, 2018
SAVE International®, the premier international society devoted to the advancement and promotion of the Value Methodology (also known as value engineering, value analysis or value management), is now organizing the pre/post-summit training program for its annual Value Summit. Our training sessions, to be held prior to or after the Summit, will be geared to the needs of our members and other attendees interested in value-related education. This includes possible SAVE approved Value Methodology Fundamentals 1 and 2 training.
Workshops other than Value Methodology Fundamentals should be structured to be either ½ day (4 hours) or full day (8 hours), consideration will also be given to 2-day (16 hour) courses. Value Methodology Fundamentals courses shall be 4-days (32 hours) each.
Workshop Rating Criteria
When submitting your proposal to provide pre/post workshop services, please ensure that you have addressed each of these criteria elements in detail. All workshops will be judged using the same criteria. The level of detail provided will have a direct impact on the success of your submittal. The review team can only review your submittal based on the information provided, not on personal experience or knowledge. Please make sure the information you provide adequately covers each criteria element so that it can be judged effectively.
The performance will be measured using the following measures:
5 = Exceptional
4 = Very Good
3 = Average
2 = Minimum Standards
1 = Below Standards
The following lists the criteria and the definition of the criteria:
||Will this workshop attract several attendees; is the workshop limited to one type of discipline (i.e. construction, manufacturing); will SAVE benefit financially?
|Enhancement to the Value Methodology
|Does this keep with or enhance the Value Methodology; does it offer unique opportunities within the Value Methodology?
|Presentation Skills of Presenter
|Dynamic speaker(s); holds audience attention; provides audience participation; audience members want to return to hear speaker again.
|Prior Experience in Delivering this Specific Workshop
|How many times has the instructor delivered this topic; are there reference materials provided for how previous presentations were rated?
|Ease of understanding by target audience; clarity of materials; content relates to the abstract; use of materials after the Summit.
Workshops are preferred that deliver the following core competencies:
- VALUE METHODOLOGY (history and evolution of value methods)
- TRANSFORM INFORMATION (organize, summarize, and communicate data into structured knowledge for use by the value study team)
- TEAM FACILITATION (all phases of job plan)
- FUNCTION ANALYSIS
- COST ANALYSIS (financial analysis, cost estimate, life cycle cost, net present value, present worth, simple payback, breakeven, return on investment)
- PRE-WORKSHOP STAGE (stakeholders’ expectations, selection of subject matter experts for VE team, gathering and distributing information, workshop logistics)
- WORKSHOP STAGE - SIX-PHASED JOB PLAN (tailor workshop phases with the necessary flexibility to the desired outcome, manage team, sell the workshop results)
- POST-WORKSHOP STAGE (activities after the workshop including assembling a draft report, collecting comments, creating a final report, and implementation of the value study recommendations)
- VALUE PROGRAM (value programs for projects, programs, agencies and organizations; how, when and where to best apply the value methodology to ensure success)
- Please fill out the submission form carefully and completely. Author submissions must meet the input limitation requirements indicated. Responses which exceed these requirements may not be fully considered during the judging process.
- If you do not know the answer (or if there is no answer) to a required query, then type the phrase “Not Applicable” into the text field for that query.
- You can make changes even after you have submitted your proposal by re-submitting your proposal. You can resubmit your proposal as many times as necessary before midnight of the deadline. We will retain only the last submission from each application. The deadline for submitting Summit workshop proposals is 11:59 PM on January 22, 2018.
- Press the SUBMIT button at the end of this submission form.